LED Matrix Shield 
Compatible with any computer with a 26- or 40-pin header like the C1+, XU4 with Shifter Shield, Banana series, or Raspberry Pi.
What's better than a single LED? Lots of LEDs!
With the 16x8 LED Matrix Shield, we've doubled your project's matrix capacity by making it super easy to get two separate 8x8 matrices onto one handy board! Matrices like these are 'multiplexed' - so to control 64 LEDs you need 16 pins and to control 128 LEDs, you'd need 24 pins.
This is possible thanks to the MAX7219 driver chips that can control multiple matrices for you with only three control signals (Data, Clock and Chip-Enable).
The LED Matrix Shield is also great for making scrolling displays. In our examples, we set it up so words flow from one matrix to the other. Watch the video for a demonstration.
All the components are pre-assembled. Just plug and play.
- Stacks on the ODROID-C1+'s GPIO header (also compatible with C1, Banana Series, Raspberry Pi and XU3/XU4 with XU4 Shifter Shield)
- Driver IC: MAX7219 (2pcs on a PCB)
- Matrix type: 2set of 8 x 8 common cathode LED (Red color)
- Dimension: 64.3 x 35.0 x 26.5 mm
- C1/C1+ Documentation and Examples - http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:c1_dotmatrix
- XU4 + Shifter Shield and SPI Examples - http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:spi_dot_matrix