VoCore2 Ultimate - Linux SBC with WiFi and Dock [0248-V]
VoCore2 is a tiny single-board computer. Use it for all types of projects where tiny size, inexpensive cost and built-in WiFi are important. The VoCore2 is open
hardware which runs Linux and has WiFi, USB, UART, 20+ GPIOs and more. One inch square! VoCore2 Ultimate also contains a microSD slot, USB2.0 port, A/D, D/A, 10/100 Ethernet port, audio record/playback, up to 300Mbps wireless transfer speed and low power consumption.
The VoCore2 can be used as a super tiny WiFi router!
VoCore2 is a new revision of the original VoCore v1.0, making it faster and more stable without increasing the size!
- Approximately 1 inch cube
- Built-in WiFi, 802.11n, 2T2R, speed up to 300Mbps
- Built-in Antenna, U.FL slot
- CPU: MT7628AN, 580MHz, MIPS 24K
- Memory: 128MB DDR2 @ 166MHz
- Storage: 16MB NOR on board, supports up to 2TB SDXC cards
- Ethernet: 1 port / 5 ports, up to 100Mbps
- USB 2.0 port
- PCIe 1.1 supported
- UART x3 (UART2 for debug console)
- GPIO Pins: >= 40 (pinmux)
- PWM x4
- Runs Linux - Preloaded!
- A/D Conversion - 4 channels
- D/A Conversion - 1 channel
- Audio playback and recording supported
- Dimensions: 28 x 30 x 30 mmPower input: 3.6V ~ 6.0V
- Power consumption: 74mA WiFi standby, 230mA WiFi full speed, 5V input
- Please update to the latest VoCore2 Ultimate firmware for best performance.
- Attach microUSB port to a stable power source, such as a USB charger or computer USB port. DO NOT SUPPLY MORE THAN 6.0V as that will damage your VoCore2.
- The SSID "VoCore2" should be accessible from other devices within 30 seconds of applying power.
- Connect to the SSID "VoCore2" from your wireless device (phone, computer, laptop, tablet, ODROID, etc.)
- Use one of the following two methods to connect:
- 1. Open an SSH terminal ("ssh" on Linux/Android, "PuTTY" on Windows, etc.) and log in to "VoCore2" (user: root, pass: vocore)
- 2. Using USB2TTL, you can connect to the VoCore2 through another computer's USB port (no driver required). Once connected, a serial port should show up for the VoCore2. NOTE: UART speed is 115200bps, 8bit, no parity, 1 stop bit. For Windows, USB2TTL device should appear in Device Manager. For Linux/MacOS, USB2TTL device should appear at /dev/tty.usbmodem_1
- In order to setup AP + STA Mode, run the following commands in the console after connecting to the VoCore2:
;Enter your AP SSIDMore tutorials can be found at http://vocore.io/v2u.html
uci set wireless.sta.ssid=[HOME AP SSID]
;Enter your AP PASSWORD
uci set wireless.sta.key=[AP PASSWORD] uci set wireless.sta.network=wwan uci set wireless.sta.disabled=0 uci commit
;note: better to set sta to disabled, so next boot if you VoCore2 can not connect to your home ap, you will still able to connect to VoCore2 hotspot. uci set wireless.sta.disabled=0 uci commit
/etc/init.d/network restart sleep 10 uci set wireless.sta.disabled=1 uci commit ;wait around 10 seconds, your VoCore is in AP+STA mode
;note: you might need to setup network to enable dhcp(get ip from your hotspot). uci delete network.wwan uci set network.wwan=interface uci set network.wwan.proto=dhcp uci commit ;note: you might need to setup firewall to enable access to internet through your hotspot. uci del_list firewall.@zone.network=wwan uci add_list firewall.@zone.network=wwan uci set firewall.@zone.input=ACCEPT uci set firewall.@zone.output=ACCEPT uci set firewall.@zone.forward=ACCEPT uci set firewall.@zone.masq=1 uci set firewall.@zone.mtu_fix=1 uci commit
;Reboot VoCore2 or call "/etc/init.d/network restart"
;Wait a moment for VoCore2 to appear in AP+STA mode
;More information is available at http://vonger.cn/?p=2691
- Embedded Applications
- Tutorials and other useful information - http://vocore.io/v2u.html
- Hardware Sources - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/source.zip
- Firmware (2016-12-24) [md5:2a6b06ee7ec7b3fa6fd3e9eeb5c83531] - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/20161224.bin
- Flash Image [md5:f4c527a1e563d0ad7ef9ab0b5e0b35c6] - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/ultimate.16m.img
- Toolchain for Ubuntu 14.04 x64 - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/toolchain.tar.bz2
- Datasheet - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/datasheet.zip
- VoCore Forum - http://forum.vocore.io
- VoCore Wiki - http://vocore.io/wiki.html
- VoCore Blog - http://vonger.cn/