Bright Pi - DIY Bright White and IR Camera Light (for Raspberry Pi and others)
Bright Pi plugs directly into the I2C interface, and is completely controllable via the command line, using Python and lots of other programming languages as well. The brightness of the LEDs is fully controllable using the onboard LED driver chip.
Want to use colorful LEDs instead? Well there is certainly nothing stopping you! The Bright Pi will allow you to control any ~5v LEDs using the I2C interface, so you could substitute the provided LEDs with the colorful LEDs of your choice!
The Bright Pi has M2 mounting holes, just like on the camera module and Pi NoIR and can therefore be mounted directly to the camera module (not included) using the screws and spacers provided. It also has been verified to work great with the camera mount kit from Pimoroni, as seen in some of the pictures on this page.
The Bright Pi is the perfect accessory for any project which utilizes either the Raspberry Pi camera module or the Pi NoIR but just needs a bit more light, in a small and lightweight package!
- ONE Bright Pi PCB (with LED driver chip pre-assembled)
- FOUR bright white LEDs (high quality Cree C513A-WSN-CV0Y0151 LEDs)
- EIGHT bright IR LEDs (high quality LITEON HSDL-4261 LEDs)
- ONE right angle header
- ONE 4 way header cable, 20cm length
- THREE M2 x 12mm nylon bolts
- TWELVE M2 nylon nuts (to use as spacers as well)
- THREE stickers ONE info card
- This is a self assembly kit of parts which will require soldering.
- The Pimoroni camera mount shown in some of the photos is not included with the kit.
- Brand: Pi Supply
- Quick start guide and FAQ - https://www.pi-supply.com/make/bright-pi-quickstart-faq/
- Code examples - https://github.com/PiSupply/Bright-Pi
Warranty is valid for two weeks, starting upon date of receipt.