News: Try 17 Linux Distros with 1 microSD on the PinePhone
Trying out different operating systems on the PinePhone is as simple as flashing a bootable disk image to a microSD card, inserting it in the phone, and powering it on and the instructions for installing an OS to built-in storage are almost as simple.
Not sure which operating system you want to install though? That’s where a tool like Megi’s multi-distro demo image can come in handy. Instead of flashing a single operating system to a microSD card, this image lets you flash a whole bunch and then choose which one you want to run when you boot your phone.
The available operating systems as of this writing are:
- Arch Linux ARM 2021-06-02
- Arch Linux ARM / dreemurrs 20210522
- Fedora 0.5.0
- Lune OS 2021-05-29
- Maemo Leste 20210530
- Manjaro / Phosh beta10
- Manjaro / Plasma 20210602
- Mobian 20210602
- posmarketOS / Plasma Desktop 2021-06-02
- posmarketOS / GNOME 2021-06-02
- posmarketOS / Plasma Mobile v21.03-20210529
- posmarketOS / Phosh v21.03-20210529
- Sailfish 1.1-184.108.40.206 20210601
- posmarketOS / sxmo edge-20210526-0123
- Ubuntu Touch 2021-05-27
Read the rest of the article at https://linuxsmartphones.com/test-15-different-pinephone-operating-systems-with-megis-latest-multi-distro-demo-image, or watch the video below.