2023-09-26: The 6th batch is now sold out. We're currently accepting pre-orders for the 7th batch, anticipated to arrive in mid to late October. For more details, please review our Pre-orders policy.
The Home Assistant SkyConnect is designed to be a perfect match for Home Assistant Users. The device provides an easy connection with Zigbee and will support Matter specifications in the future with a firmware update from Home Assistant*. The product supports Over-The-Wire (OTW) Firmware Update via the USB interface, which allows easy and quick firmware updates for both protocols.
The device is an EFR32 Series 2 (Silicon Labs EZSP v8) adapter that will transmit at a power of +20 dBm. The drive supports full-speed USB 2.0 when plugged into the included USB extender.
Home Assistant will provide an add-on to upgrade the SkyConnect firmware in the future to allow it to simultaneously communicate with both the Zigbee and Thread networks.
The USB Stick will be Plug and Play, tightly integrated with the Zigbee Home Automation integration allowing for a beginner-friendly experience.
* The SkyConnect will not run Matter immediately on launch, but when using Home Assistant, the firmware will be updated to enable Matter when it is finished being developed. This is due to the Matter protocol not being finalized and released until November (not all of the protocol specifications are currently available). Home Assistant is already working on the Matter implementation, but more information will come after November.
- 2.4GHz Multi-Protocol USB
- USB v2.0 full-speed
- TX power up to +20dBm
- Silabs EFR32MG21 Wireless SoC
- Over-The-Wire (OTW) update support
- Runs 2 Protocols Simultaneously
- Dual-Protocol operation (Zigbee, Matter)
- Made for Home Assistant, adaptable for any case
- Futureproof Wireless Transceiver
- Low-risk bundle device for Gateway
- SkyConnect USB Device
- USB Extension Cable (50cm/19.6in.)
- Support for Zigbee, Matter, and Thread
- Over-the-wire (OTW) firmware updates
- USB v2.0 full-speed
- Supply : 5V DC / up to 150mA
- USB: v2.0 full speed (12Mbps)
- Bridge: USB to UART, Silabs CP2102N
- Transceiver: Silabs EFR32MG21
- Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Antenna: PCB
- TX Power : up to +20dBm
- RX sensitivity : -104dBm (250kbps)
- Protocols: Zigbee, Matter, Thread
- Stack: EmberZNet Serial Protocol (EZSP)
- Dimensions (LxWxH) : approx. 38.5 x 18 x 4,5mm
- Weight: 4g
- EU CE Declaration of Conformity: https://skyconnect.home-assistant.io/resources/SkyConnect_DoC_EU_CE.pdf
4th batch has arrived at our California warehouse! We have several thousand backorders to ship, so new orders will likely not ship until June 2023.
The inbound shipment of batch 4 hasn't arrived yet. We are currently checking with UPS to get an ETA.
4th batch is en route to our warehouse. We expect to receive them in 1-2 weeks. We have thousands of preorders, so it will take a few weeks to get caught up and start shipping new orders.
All 3rd batch orders have been shipped. We received about 100 units less than we were expecting, so a few of the 3rd batch orders had to be moved to the 4th batch which is expected to start shipping in May 2023.
3rd batch orders have been shipping for a few weeks. We are fulfilling orders as fast as possible. We are about two weeks behind on preorders for 3rd batch SkyConnects at present.
We are expecting a 4th batch possibly in April or May.
2nd batch orders are now shipping. We are fulfilling orders as fast as possible.
We have some good news! We are expecting several thousand more units in February which should cover all our preorders and provide us with a good buffer of units that we can sell for immediate fulfillment.
We also have some not-so-good news. The next batch of SkyConnect units after the February shipment will probably not arrive until Summer 2023. If you want a SkyConnect, we strongly suggest you place your order as soon as possible!
We will be finishing all the first batch orders today. Unless an order contains other items that are not yet ready for shipping, all orders placed through Oct 29, 2022 will have shipped by the end of the day today.
The 2nd batch is inbound to our warehouse now. We expect it to arrive in the next week or so, and will start shipping the 2nd batch immediately upon arrival.
We are in the process of shipping, or have shipped, all orders placed before Oct 16, 2022. We are shipping hundreds of units a day, but still have about two weeks of orders to fulfill from the first batch.
The 2nd batch of SkyConnect units are being prepared to ship from the factory, and we expect them to arrive during the week of Jan 23, 2023. We will start shipping the 2nd batch as soon as they arrive.
The first batch of SkyConnect units are on their way to us from the manufacturer and we will start shipping them as soon as possible. Barring any unforeseen delays, we are hoping the first cartons will start arriving at our warehouse during the week of December 18th. The preorders will be shipped in the order they were received.
Due to a first batch production error at the factory, we are getting marginally fewer units than we were promised in the first batch. Due to this error, orders placed before October 29, 2022 at 9:00pm Pacific Time should be in the first batch, and any orders placed after that time should be in the second batch. About 1.5 days of preorders have been pushed back to the second batch due to this.
We have a few thousand preorders for the units and we will do our best to ship them as fast as we can -- we have a few extra helpers on board to make the work even faster than usual. Important note: Orders shipping to addresses outside the US may start shipping sooner as we will be shipping some of the international orders directly from Shenzhen. We are very thankful to all our customers for being so patient and for your support.
Due to the above-mentioned production error, any replacement units that need to be sent out will have to wait until at least the second batch. Thanks for your understanding in this regard.
As of this writing, we are expecting to receive the second batch during the second half of January 2023.