Pre-order Home Assistant Yellow Standard (CM4 Included) now!
Finally! we will be getting a limited amount of 120 Home Assistant Yellow Standard. They come pre-assembled with a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4), custom enclosure, and heat sink. The CM4 has 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC storage, and Home Assistant pre-installed. Simply plug in power and Ethernet (cables included), this variant does not have Power-over-Ethernet.
Home Assistant Yellow integrates 1,000+ different devices and services, allowing you to create powerful automations and get insight into your energy usage. All from an easy-to-use interface that runs 100% locally without anything in the cloud.
Home Assistant Yellow grows with you. A home is not static. As we grow as a person or expand our family, our homes evolve. What we buy today, should work tomorrow. With Home Assistant Yellow we have created a system that can be upgraded so it can keep up as you grow.
At the heart of Home Assistant Yellow is the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. This plugs into the Home Assistant Yellow board and provides the brains. You can upgrade to a more powerful version of the Compute Module 4 at any time.
Home Assistant Yellow also contains an M.2 extension port. This allows you to easily plug in an NVMe SSD drive to extend the available space.
- Carrier board for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4)
- CM4 board-to-board connector
- Supports direct boot from NVMe devices (e.g., for CM4 Lite)
- 12 cm x 12 cm
- Compatible with all 32 variants of CM4
- Quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARMv8) 64-bit / 1.5 GHz
- Up to 8 GB RAM
- Up to 32 GB eMMC
- Regulatory approval does not cover wireless variants
- Integrated smart-home wireless (Silicon Labs MGM210P Mighty Gecko Module)
- Supports Zigbee 3.0, OpenThread, and Matter
- 2.4 GHz radio with TX power up to +20 dBm
- 1024 KB flash program memory, 96 KB RAM data memory
- Pre-installed with Zigbee 3.0 firmware (EZSP), can be upgraded
- Expansion slot
- For NVMe SSDs (M-Key)
- M.2 socket M-Key
- Supports 2230, 2242, 2260, and 2280 modules
- PCIe x1
- Note: Google Coral AI Accelerator not working, details in this issue.
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 x USB 2.0 Type-A host port
- 1 x USB-C 2.0 device port (Silicon Labs CP2102N USBXpress USB bridge)
- UART mode (default): debug USB-to-serial adapter
- USB mode: CM4 USB 2.0 interface for USB recovery
- High-quality stereo audio DAC
- 2 V RMS line-out on 3.5 mm audio jack
- SNR 106 dB
- 2 x Push button
- Red: Factory reset
- Blue: To be determined
- RTC backed by CR2032 battery
- Status LEDs (can be powered off during regular operation)
- Green: Power
- Red: Disk usage
- Yellow: Home Assistant system state
- 12 V / 2 A through barrel DC power jack (5.5 mm x 2.1 mm)
- Ethernet: PoE+ IEEE 802.3at-2009 Class 3 or 4 (selectable via jumper)
- Typical power usage
- Idle ~1.5 W
- Idle with NVMe ~2.5 W
- Load ~5-9 W
- 123 mm x 123 mm x 36 mm
- Translucent injection-molded polycarbonate plastic
- Tool-free assembly
- Accommodates custom heat sink (included)