Our technical team is currently working on allowing credit card payments directly from the shopping cart. However, until we have all the requirements completed and tested, we are using PayPal to allow credit card payments.
You do not need a PayPal account to pay by credit card. However, you do need to click on the PayPal icon to get to the option to pay by credit card. Don't be alarmed by the large PayPal login fields. Instead, look below and you should see an option to pay by credit card without a PayPal account.
If you cannot pay via PayPal, please call us at 707-635-2430 to place your order over the phone and state that your payment cannot go through PayPal. We can run the transaction through an alternate payment provider.
If you cannot pay through PayPal using a credit card, it may be because your credit card is already linked to a PayPal account. If this is the case, you need to log into your PayPal account that the credit card is linked to before you can make a payment. Unfortunately, we have no control over this.
IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING TROUBLE ORDERING
Place the items you wish to purchase in your cart, copy and paste them into our contact form, and let us know how you would like to be contacted. Someone will get back in touch with you as soon as possible to help place your order.
- Single-board computers - Manufacturer's stated warranty, or 4 weeks*
- Tablets - Manufacturer's stated warranty, or 6 months*
- Accessories - Manufacturer's stated warranty, or 2 weeks*
- safe handling of equipment
- power fluctuations external to the system
- human error
- misuse/abuse (including modding)
- shipping damages
ameriDroidATTN: RMA (your original order number here)245 E Perkins StUkiah, CA 95482United States
- Most manufacturers have an online forum. Check the forum, create an account if you don't already have one, search for posts about your problem using several different ways of describing the problem, and try the fixes listed there.
- Test your power supply.
- Test your cables.
- If your problem could be related to an eMMC or microSD card, try cleaning the conductors on the card with contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol. Also, consider reflashing them with a new OS image. Try a different microSD card if available. If your board has a boot selector, make sure it is set to the appropriate media. If you are using an eMMC, do not attach the eMMC to the microSD adapter and insert it into the microSD slot on the SBC - attach it directly to the eMMC connector on the board. If you are booting an Android image, please note that the first boot can take up to 10 minutes without any activity showing on the monitor. This is due to the Android image resizing the boot partition to the full size of the media.
- Try to reduce your problem to the simplest possible configuration. Remove any external devices plugged in (keyboards, mice, WiFi devices, etc.).
- Post a question about your problem on the forum and wait for a response. Usually, most posts are responded to within a day or two.
- If you get no useful responses from the forum, please use the contact form on this site and we will forward your issues directly to the manufacturer's technical team.