We accept most credit cards, PayPal and several other payment options. We can also take payment by mail via check, or via bank transfer. Payments by mail via check will be subject to a delay while allowing time for the check to clear.
Special orders may be placed by contacting us directly, including submission of purchase orders and special requests. Modification of special orders may be subject to change fees. Special orders may not be canceled and refunds cannot be processed for special orders.
We are charged 3.0% of the total purchase price for refunds for orders processed by credit card or PayPal. This amount will be deducted from any refund requested by the customer.
If you cannot pay through PayPal using a credit card, it may be because your credit card is already linked to a PayPal account. If this is the case, you need to log into your PayPal account that the credit card is linked to before you can make a payment. Unfortunately, we have no control over this. However, our checkout process now allows payment via credit card directly.
IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING TROUBLE ORDERING
Please use the "Contact Us" form or call us at 707-635-2430 for assistance.
- Single-board computers - Warranty stated on product page, or 16 weeks
- Tablets - Warranty stated on product page, or 6 months
- Accessories - Warranty stated on product page, or 2 weeks*
* = Whichever period is longer
Hardware damage caused by negligence, misuse or abuse is not covered under warranty. For products returned within the warranty period, ameriDroid.com is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages, and liability is limited to a maximum equal to the purchase price of the product, excluding shipping. The build quality of any product is warranted only to the extent that the product works as designed. Flaws or imperfections due to the assembly or testing process that do not affect the functionality of the product are not grounds for a warranty claim.
NOTE: We ship a lot of products. Most manufacturers test during production, and again before they leave the supplier. After shipping, we only receive approximately 3 out of every 1000 products back as defective. Out of these returned items, more than 50% of the products have no issues discovered during testing. Please check the testing section below for things to try before sending your items to us for testing. We cannot control all variables. Some of the variables include, but are not limited to:
- safe handling of equipment
- power fluctuations external to the system
- human error
- misuse/abuse (including modding)
- shipping damages
Any returns for refund or replacement on non-defective items will be subject to a 25% restocking fee if returned during the warranty period, and returned in new, resellable condition with all original packaging. Items returned after the warranty period has expired, or not in new, resellable condition cannot be refunded. The restocking fee is required as it takes considerable time to test the condition of the returned items, and to re-offer them as used items through our web store. No exceptions. Shipping costs will not be refunded.
ameriDroidATTN: RMA (your original order number here)245 E Perkins StUkiah, CA 95482United States
Inside the returned merchandise box, please include a printed copy of any email correspondence with us regarding the issue. This will help us process your return in a timely manner.
To optionally speed up the process once you have requested an RMA, you may order a replacement product on ameriDroid.com and attach a note to your order when making an advance purchase. On the note, state that this is a warranty replacement item and request a refund of the replacement item on that order when your returned item arrives. Include the order number of your original order. Please note that if you take this route and your returned product is found to not be defective, then the restocking fee will be deducted or your original item may be optionally returned to you at your request.
Warranty Shipping Policies
During the warranty period, the customer is responsible for shipping charges back to ameriDroid.com. We recommend USPS First Class as this is the least expensive shipping method in most cases. We will cover the non-expedited shipping charges for the replacement product back to the customer. Every effort is made to ensure that every product shipped has been rigorously tested before shipping.
After the warranty period, the customer is responsible for shipping charges both directions. If the hardware damage is serious or extensive, the product may not be repairable. If the hardware is repairable, there may be a service charge for the repair work.
Testing Ideas Before Requesting RMA
- Most manufacturers have an online forum. Check the forum, create an account if you don't already have one, search for posts about your problem using several different ways of describing the problem, and try the fixes listed there.
- Test your power supply.
- Test your cables.
- If your problem could be related to an eMMC or microSD card, try cleaning the conductors on the card with contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol. Also, consider reflashing them with a new OS image. Try a different microSD card if available. If your board has a boot selector, make sure it is set to the appropriate media. If you are using an eMMC, do not attach the eMMC to the microSD adapter and insert it into the microSD slot on the SBC - attach it directly to the eMMC connector on the board. If you are booting an Android image, please note that the first boot can take up to 10 minutes without any activity showing on the monitor. This is due to the Android image resizing the boot partition to the full size of the media.
- Try to reduce your problem to the simplest possible configuration. Remove any external devices plugged in (keyboards, mice, WiFi devices, etc.).
- Post a question about your problem on the forum and wait for a response. Usually, most posts are responded to within a day or two.
- If you get no useful responses from the forum, please use the contact form on this site and we will forward your issues directly to the manufacturer's technical team.