The ODROID-HC2 is a mini PC which can be an affordable solution for a network attached storage (NAS) server. This home cloud-server centralizes data and enables users to share and stream multimedia files to phones, tablets and other devices on a network. Ideal for a single user on many devices, sharing between family members, developers or a group. Plenty of software is available with simple configurations to tailor the ODROID-HC2 to your specific needs. Upgrade the storage capacity of your server with a larger HDD/SSD. The HC2 is built with a high performance SATA port and a Gigabit Ethernet port, to build a faster network storage device. It's engineered metal frame body is designed to store a 2.5 inch HDD/SSD or 3.5inch HDD with great heat dissipation, and the frame is made to be stackable, depending on your needs.
The HC2 is based on the very powerful ODROID-XU4 platform. It can run Samba, FTP, NFS, SSH, NGINX, Apache, SQL, Docker, WordPress and other server software smoothly with full Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Debian, Arch and OMV. Available and ready-to-go OS distributions are on our WiKi. Any OS for XU4 is fully compatible with the HC2.
Links to compliance documentation available at the bottom of this listing.
Additional items required to operate - see "NOT INCLUDED" section below
- Samsung Exynos5422 Cortex-A15 2Ghz and Cortex-A7 Octa core CPUs
- 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP stacked
- SATA-3 port for 3.5inch or 2.5inch HDD/SSD storage up to 27mm thickness
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- USB 2.0 Host
- UHS-1 capable micro-SD card slot for boot media
- Size : 197 x 115 x 42 mm approx.(Aluminium cooling frame)
- Linux server OS images based on modern Kernel 4.14 LTS
- CPU - Samsung Exynos5422 ARM® Cortex™-A15 Quad 2.0GHz/Cortex™-A7 Quad 1.4GHz
- DRAM Memory - 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP (750Mhz, 12GB/s memory bandwidth, 2x32bit bus)
- GPU - Mali™-T628 MP6 OpenGL ES 3.1 / 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 and OpenCL 1.2 Full profile
- HDD / SSD SATA interface - JMicron JMS578 USB 3.0 to SATA Bridge with UAS capability to achieve over ~300MB/sec transter speed
- Micro-SD Slot - UHS-1 compatible micro-SD slot up to 128GB/SDXC
- USB2.0 Host - HighSpeed USB standard A type connector x 1 port
- LEDs - Power, System-status, SATA-status
- Gbit Ethernet LAN - 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet with RJ-45 Jack ( Auto-MDIX support)
- Power Input - 5.5/21.mm Barrel for 11~13V DC input (12V/2A Power supply is recommended)
- System Software - Ubuntu 16.04 + OpenCL on Linux Kernel 4.14 LTS Debian, DietPi, OMV and other Linux distributions are available too.
- Size - 197 x 115 x 42 mm (weight: 361gram)
- End-of-life expected around 2022-2023.
- No power supply included - Consider an ODROID 12VDC/2A power supply available on this site
- No microSD card included
- No case included
- USB-UART module highly recommended for tinkering with u-boot, kernels, multiple installs and more
- ameriDroid Learn - https://ameridroid.com/blogs/ameriblogs/tagged/odroid-hc2
- FCC - https://wiki.odroid.com/_media/en/xu4/en/fcc_odroid-xu4.pdf
- CE - https://wiki.odroid.com/_media/en/xu4/en/ce_odroid-xu4_2017.pdf
- RoHS - https://wiki.odroid.com/_media/odroid-xu4/hardware/doc_odroid-xu4_xu4q.pdf
- KCC - https://wiki.odroid.com/_media/en/xu4/en/kcc_odroid-xu4.pdf
Warranty is valid for thirty days, starting upon date of receipt.