ameriDroid VU7 Tablet Kit (3D Printed)
Build your own custom modular tablet!
The pictured tablet has a green front and back. Many front/back color options available. The sides will come printed in frost ABS or PET-G.
The example tablet above utilizes the ODROID-VU7 and ODROID-C1+, and has an internal 4-port USB hub* which provides a total of 7 free USB ports. 2 of the 7 free USB ports in the example tablet are populated with a USB Audio Adapter*, a 3W mini stereo audio amplifier*, two 2W speakers* and a WiFi Module 3* -- with room to spare.
A UPS2-C1/C2* battery backup is also installed. Of course, you can configure your tablet project in a way that suits your needs or desires!
* Available separately on this site.
- Fits the ODROID-VU7 touchscreen
- Printed in ABS or PET-G Plastic
- 3D printed on high-end consumer 3D printers at a resolution of 0.3mm layer height or better - each unit is printed individually and to order, and as such may have slight imperfections.
- Additionally fits the ODROID-C0, C1+, C2 and C4 single board computers, and most other SBCs, although the flush HDMI and microUSB "Zender" units are designed specifically to work with the ODROID-C series (with the exception of the C4). Additional cables are supplied to support most other SBCs. OS support for the touchscreen may vary. The touchscreen driver is included in the standard ODROID Linux and Android distributions.
- Enough room to add a UPS2/UPS3-C1/C2 battery unit with mounting holes plus other items.
- Includes front bezel, back panel, four side panels, nuts, bolts, spacers and hex key for the M3 bolts, plus feet for the back panel.
- Side panels keyed for HDMI and microUSB ports, VU7 backlight on/off switch, UPS2 charging port, and UPS2 on/off switch
- Side panels are perforated for air flow.
- Access to Ethernet and 2 USB ports on the ODROID-C0/C1/C1+/RPi/BPi without opening case.
- This is a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) kit - some modifications and finishing touches may need to be performed when assembling the tablet.
- 3D-printed items may have small imperfections and cosmetic flaws. These imperfections will not interfere with the performance or fit of the parts.
- Warranty is valid for two weeks, starting upon date of receipt.
- ODROID Magazine Assembly Instructions - http://magazine.odroid.com/wp-content/uploads/ODROID-Magazine-201607.pdf#page=24
- STL and 123DX files - http://respectech.com/odroid/files/3d/vu7-tablet/vu7-tablet.zip
- Instructables article - http://www.instructables.com/id/Odroid-C2-Vu-7-Sbc-Tablet-Computer-for-Kids/