USB Mini Microphone
Tiny USB Microphone for your Single Board Computer, laptop or desktop!
- Advanced digital USB provides superior clarity with the simplicity of a single USB plug & play connection.
- Noise-cancelling microphone filters out unwanted background noise.
- Sensitivity: -67 dBV/pBar, -47 dBV/Pascal +/-4dB
- Frequency Response: 100Hz - 16kHz
- Systems with only a microUSB port available will need a USB OTG adapter cable to use this item.
- Insert the USB microphone
- Open MATE Terminal
- Enter sudo alsamixer
- Press F6 to select USB PnP Sound Device
- Right-click speaker icon on Desktop Panel and select Sound Preferences
- Click Input tab and select CM108 Audio Controller Analog Mono
To record from the command line (enter all on one line):
arecord -d 2 -f S16_LE -r 44100 -t wav --device=iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0 test.wav
To play file created above from the command line:
To amplify or reduce volume on recording:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install sox
sox test.wav test2.wav vol 3 dB
(The above command increases the volume by 3 dB and saves it in a file called test2.wav)
Warranty is valid for two weeks, starting upon date of receipt.