"Pre-order" (also sometimes written "preorder") means that the product is not currently in stock and an order must be placed to reserve a spot in line to receive that item as quickly as possible.
Generally, we open an item for preorder after a manufacturer has informed us they are producing a new product and supplies us with preliminary details. Or, if a product has been previously in-stock but is now between production runs, we will take preorders to allow customers to receive the product as soon as available.
- Preorders cannot be cancelled/refunded once placed. We are often required to place a non-refundable deposit with the manufacturer well in advance of availability. Unforeseen issues can arise (shipping, import, economic, etc.) which can cause a loss of funds. In other scenarios, we might able to promptly cancel your pre-order and process a refund to you.
- Dates are not guaranteed and delays may occur, often due to development delays, manufacturing issues, import shipping delays or raw material shortages.
- Certain events may result in a loss of preorder funds, such as a manufacturer going into bankruptcy or closing unexpectedly, or other unexpected economic issues.
- We cannot foresee any/all delays that may occur for preorder items. Please take extra care when placing a preorder as we often cannot issue refunds for any reason. This may be due to preorder requirements with our suppliers or other economic issues. The manufacturing cycle for many of the products we sell can go as high as 4-9 months between production runs. Long preorder delays have occurred due to this long production cycle.
- If losing any preorder funds would cause a financial hardship, please only order in-stock products.