VoCore2 Ultimate - Linux SBC with WiFi and Dock
VoCore2 is a tiny single-board computer. Use it for all types of projects where tiny size, inexpensive cost and built-in WiFi are important. The VoCore2 is open hardware which runs Linux and has WiFi, USB, UART, 20+ GPIOs and more. One inch square! VoCore2 Ultimate also contains a microSD slot, USB2.0 port, A/D, D/A, 10/100 Ethernet port, audio record/playback, up to 300Mbps wireless transfer speed and low power consumption.
The VoCore2 can be used as a super tiny WiFi router!
VoCore2 is a new revision of the original VoCore v1.0, making it faster and more stable without increasing the size!
Links to compliance information available at the bottom of this listing.
- Approximately 1 inch cube
- Built-in WiFi, 802.11n, 2T2R, speed up to 300Mbps
- Built-in Antenna, U.FL slot
- CPU: MT7628AN, 580MHz, MIPS 24K
- Memory: 128MB DDR2 @ 166MHz
- Storage: 16MB NOR on board, supports up to 2TB SDXC cards
- Ethernet: 1 port / 5 ports, up to 100Mbps
- USB 2.0 port
- PCIe 1.1 supported
- UART x3 (UART2 for debug console)
- GPIO Pins: >= 40 (pinmux)
- PWM x4
- Runs Linux - Preloaded!
- A/D Conversion - 4 channels
- D/A Conversion - 1 channel
- Audio playback and recording supported
- Dimensions: 28 x 30 x 30 mmPower input: 3.6V ~ 6.0V
- Power consumption: 74mA WiFi standby, 230mA WiFi full speed, 5V input
- Please update to the latest VoCore2 Ultimate firmware for best performance.
- Attach microUSB port to a stable power source, such as a USB charger or computer USB port. DO NOT SUPPLY MORE THAN 6.0V as that will damage your VoCore2.
- The SSID "VoCore2" should be accessible from other devices within 30 seconds of applying power.
- Connect to the SSID "VoCore2" from your wireless device (phone, computer, laptop, tablet, ODROID, etc.)
- Use one of the following two methods to connect:
- 1. Open an SSH terminal ("ssh" on Linux/Android, "PuTTY" on Windows, etc.) and log in to "VoCore2" (user: root, pass: vocore)
- 2. Using USB2TTL, you can connect to the VoCore2 through another computer's USB port (no driver required). Once connected, a serial port should show up for the VoCore2. NOTE: UART speed is 115200bps, 8bit, no parity, 1 stop bit. For Windows, USB2TTL device should appear in Device Manager. For Linux/MacOS, USB2TTL device should appear at /dev/tty.usbmodem_1
The VoCore2 is now in AP (Access Point) mode. It is possible to put the VoCore2 in AP + STA mode, which allows the VoCore2 to connect to a wireless hotspot (AP) and provide wireless access from that hotspot to anything connected to the AP and Ethernet port.
- Embedded Applications
- PCB may be green or white in color
- ameriDroid Learn - https://ameridroid.com/blogs/ameriblogs/tagged/vocore
- Tutorials and other useful information - http://vocore.io/v2u.html
- Hardware Sources - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/source.zip
- Firmware (2018-07-23) http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/20180723V.bin
- Flash Image [md5:f4c527a1e563d0ad7ef9ab0b5e0b35c6] - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/ultimate.16m.img
- Toolchain for Ubuntu 14.04 x64 - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/toolchain.tar.bz2
- Datasheet - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/datasheet.zip
- VoCore Forum - http://forum.vocore.io
- VoCore Wiki - http://vocore.io/wiki.html
- VoCore Blog - http://vonger.cn/
- Information in the MT7628.pdf file - http://vonger.cn/misc/vocore2/datasheet.zip
- Discussion at VoCore Forum - http://forum.vocore.io/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3959&p=6540
Warranty is valid for thirty days, starting upon date of receipt.