ameriDroid VU7 Tablet Kit (3D Printed)
Build your own custom modular tablet!
The pictured tablet has a green front and back. Many front/back color options available. The sides will come printed in frost ABS.
The example tablet above utilizes the ODROID-VU7 and ODROID-C1+, and has an internal 4-port USB hub* which provides a total of 7 free USB ports. 2 of the 7 free USB ports in the example tablet are populated with a USB Audio Adapter*, a 3W mini stereo audio amplifier*, two 2W speakers* and a WiFi Module 3* -- with room to spare. A UPS2-C1/C2* battery backup is also installed.
Of course, you can configure your tablet project in a way that suits your needs or desires!
* Available separately on this site.
- Fits the ODROID-VU7 touchscreen
- ABS Plastic
- 3D printed on high-end consumer 3D printers at a resolution of 0.25mm layer height or better - each unit is printed individually, and as such may have slight imperfections.
- Additionally fits the ODROID-C0, C1+ and C2 single board computers, and most other SBCs, although the flush HDMI and microUSB "Zender" units are designed specifically to work with the ODROID-C series. Additional cables are supplied to support most other SBCs. OS support for the touchscreen may vary. The touchscreen driver is included in the standard ODROID Linux and Android distributions.
- Enough room to add a UPS2/UPS3-C1/C2 battery unit with mounting holes plus other items.
- Includes front bezel, back panel, four side panels, nuts, bolts, spacers and hex key for the M3 bolts, plus feet for the back panel.
- Side panels keyed for HDMI and microUSB ports, VU7 backlight on/off switch, UPS2 charging port, and UPS2 on/off switch
- Side panels are perforated for air flow.
- Access to Ethernet and 2 USB ports on the ODROID-C0/C1/C1+/RPi/BPi without opening case.
- ODROID Magazine Assembly Instructions - http://magazine.odroid.com/wp-content/uploads/ODROID-Magazine-201607.pdf#page=24
- STL and 123DX files - http://respectech.com/odroid/files/3d/vu7-tablet/vu7-tablet.zip
- Instructables article - http://www.instructables.com/id/Odroid-C2-Vu-7-Sbc-Tablet-Computer-for-Kids/