ASUS Tinker Board S
With the Tinkerboard S, ASUS introduces the successor of the legendary Tinker Board.
The new and improved Tinker Board S is a single board computer (SBC) that offers greater durability, better stability and an overall improved user experience for DIY enthusiasts and makers everywhere.
With its powerful and modern quad-core ARM-based processor — the Rockchip RK3288 — Tinker Board S offers significantly improved performance versus other popular SBC boards. To provide the flexibility needed for different builds and projects, Tinker Board S features 2GB of LPDDR3 dual-channel memory and is equipped with an onboard 16GB eMMC and SD 3.0 interface that offer significantly faster read and write speeds for the OS, applications and file storage.
Featuring a powerful but energy-efficient design, Tinker Board S supports next-generation graphics and GPU computing API's. Powered by an ARM-based Mali™-T760 MP4 GPU, Tinker Board S GPU and fixed-function processors allow for a wide range of uses, including high-quality media playback, gaming, computer vision, gesture recognition, image stabilization and processing, as well as computational photography and more.
The ASUS Tinker Board S has HDMI CEC hardware circuit implemented, with the supported software, it allowing multimedia enthusiasts to control TV outputs using a single remote control for a better entertainment experience. Other fixed functions include H.264 and H.265 playback support, as well as HD and UHD video playback.
Tinker Board S also features Gbit LAN for Internet and network connectivity. A dedicated bus resource designed for the LAN port ensures consistent Ethernet performance. The integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth controller on the Tinker Board S is shielded with a metal cover to ensure minimal interference and improved radio performance. An integrated IPEX antenna header allows for easy antenna replacement or upgrades.
- CPU - Rockchip RK3288 Cortex-A17 Quad-core 1.8 GHz
- GPU - Mali™-T760 MP4
- RAM - 2GB Dual-Channel LPDDR3
- Storage - Onboard 16GB eMMC, MicroSD card slot
- Connectivity - Gbit Ethernet LAN, Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Video Output - 15-pin MIPI DSI HD support, HDMI up to 4K/30FPS
- Audio Output - RTL HD Codec with 3.5mm audio jack (Supports Plug in Detection and Auto-Switch)
- USB - 4 USB 2.0 ports
- Internal Headers - 40-pin GPIO header w/ enhanced I2S, 2-pin eMMC recovery header, 2-pin Power-on header
- Power Connector - Micro USB 5V/2~3A (supports low voltage input detection)
- OS - Debian 9 / Android 6
- ameriDroid Learn - https://ameridroid.com/blogs/ameriblogs/tagged/tinkerboard
- Website - https://www.asus.com/Single-board-Computer/TINKER-BOARD/
- Forum - https://www.tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/