Cooling Fan and Heat Sink
Squeezing all the performance possible out of your U3? Operating in enclosed or harsh environments? Replace the passive heatsink with this active cooler.
Also, this works for the XU3, XU3-Lite and XU4, so it is a great replacement fan if needed.
- 5VDC/120mA (max)
- 39.5 x 40 x 10mm
- 4000rpm (approx.)
- 50mm cable (approx.)
- Noise Level: 23dBA (approx.)
- Blue Anodized Surface
- Package includes a thermal paste tube. The thermal paste is necessary to conduct heat from the processor to the heat sink. Reassembling without applying the thermal paste will cause the processor to overheat.
- Connects to Molex 51021-0200 1.25mm pitch fan header on U3 / XU3 / XU3-Lite / XU4
- Fan speed controlled by CPU
- Thermal interface included
- Remove the stock cooling fan. A ball-point pen with the ink removed is a handy way to compress the plastic lock pins without damaging the ODROID.
- Be careful to minimize stress and bending of the ODROID's PCB while removing the old heatsink and installing the new cooler.
- Clear the surface of the CPU and cooling fan of any old thermal compound.
- Apply the thermal paste to the CPU. Make sure to cover the entire surface of the CPU that will be touching the cooler.
- Install the new cooling fan by lining it up with the mounting holes and pressing the mounting pins through the holes.
- Installation Guide - http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:howto_install_heatsink_xu4