H2 Net Card - M.2
The ODROID-H2 Net card brings 4 additional 2.5 GbE Ethernet ports for an incredible low price. It is compatible with the H2, H2 rev. B and H2+ (may be compatible with other systems with an NVMe M.2 socket, but none have been tested or confirmed). Using an H2+ provides a total of 6 x 2.5 GbE Ethernet ports. With the H2 and H2 rev. B, 2 x 1 GbE and 4 x 2.5 GbE Ethernet ports.
The ODROID-H2/H2+ with the ODROID-H2 Net card brings new capabilities and applications. Examples (non-exhaustive list):
- Implementing a DIY router or gateway for up to 5 (H2+) clients at 2.5 GbE speed on each port.
- Setup a DIY server, e.g. a NAS, for up to 6 (H2+) clients at 2.5 GbE speed on each port.
- Brings 2.5 GbE Ethernet connectivity to the H2 and H2 rev. B boards making them able to talk at full speed (usually 2.35 Gbits/sec) with H2+ boards.
- 4x Ethernet ports up to 2.5 GbE
- M.2 Connection
- Designed to mount comfortably on the ODROID-H2 / H2+
- BIOS reflash required - GLK-ESF BIOS (see Links below)
- BIOS Release Page - https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-h2/hardware/h2_bios_update
- About ESF BIOS - https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/connectivity/h2_net_card#esf_bios
- Wiki Page - https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/connectivity/h2_net_card
Note: In the network throughput, the two charts show slightly different numbers so it looks like the upload speed is slower than the download speed. But it is not, because the logging tool used shows the actual throughput in E+06 formula, like “2.30e+06” rather than using the Mbps unit. In fact, all the NICs performed at 2.34~2.36 Gbits in both directions.