PinePhone Privacy Smartphone
Preorder now - Expected to start shipping between late January and 2nd half of February 2021 (Click for Details)
Want to convert to an open-source, privacy-centric and community-supported Linux smartphone? Sounds like a daydream doesn't it? Well the Pine64 community has brought the dream to life with the PinePhone Linux Smartphone. Running mainline Linux and powered by an Allwinner A64 ARM Cortex-A53 quad-core processor, this phone provides an alternative to Android and iOS. Featuring a 1440x720p IPS display, the PinePhone looks just like a modern smartphone, and with 2 or 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM, a 16GB or 32GB eMMC module, 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0, and 4G LTE Cat 4 worldwide band support, it will perform like one too. It has more expandability and connectivity than most other smartphones, including a headphone jack, microSD slot, 2Mpx front and 5Mpx rear cameras, GPS, a gyroscopic sensor and light sensor. In addition, the PinePhone has many options not included in most any other smartphone, like a pogo-pin I2C interface and privacy switches to turn off certain hardware features. For those wishing for their own Linux smartphone, the dream is coming soon!
- Allwinner A64 Cortex A53 quad-core processor running at 1.2 GHz
- Mali-400MP2 GPU
- 2GB or 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM
- USB-C for data, charging, Ethernet and video
- Bluetooth 4.0
- WiFi 802.11n
- 4G LTE (Worldwide-compatible)
- Privacy (hardware) switches for BT/WiFi, LTE, cameras, mic/speaker
- 16GB or 32GB eMMC
- microSD Slot
- Gyro magnetic sensor
- Light sensor
- Volume, power, reset, home buttons
- Audio aux
- 2Mpx and 5Mpx front / back cameras
- 1440x720 IPS 6" LCD panel
- Hardened glass
- Different community editions are released from time to time - we do our best to specify the edition we expect to receive, but this is subject to change. However, it is always possible to boot the PinePhone with a microSD card, and reflash the internal eMMC if desired.
- Art on the back of the case varies based on the community edition that comes preloaded on the phone at the time of shipping.
- ameriDroid Learn - https://ameridroid.com/blogs/ameriblogs/tagged/pinephone
Warranty is valid for thirty days, starting upon date of receipt.