ROCK 5 Model A
For any items marked with the "Preorder now" badge: Preorder Policy - Click here to read
- ROCK 5A, the latest single board computer in our next-gen ROCK 5 series
- Based on the reliable Rockchip RK3588S SoC
- Octa-core processor with quad Cortex A76 @ 2.2~2.4GHz and a quad Cortex A55 @ 1.8GHz CPU, and Arm Mali™ G610MC4 GPU
- 4GB/8GB/16GB LPDDR4x RAM and eMMC socket
- Power on/off button for performing quick, easy, and safe shutdowns without the risk of corrupting storage
- Supports up to 8Kp60 resolution, tailor-made for advanced multimedia applications
- Built-in Real-Time Clock, PWM fan connector, dual micro HDMI output ports, USB Type-C port for power supporting USB PD 2.0 and QC 2.0
The latest ROCK 5 Series board is here, the ROCK 5 Model A (ROCK 5A). ROCK 5A is a credit-card sized Single Board Computer (SBC) packed with class‑leading functionality, incredible features, and expansion options. If you require an extremely highly specified platform with outstanding performance and reliability in a compact form factor, then the ROCK 5A is an ideal choice.
Reliable Rockchip SoC
At the heart of our ROCK single board computers you’ll find a Rockchip SoC. The ROCK 5A features a powerful Rockchip RK3588S SoC with an octa-core CPU. The quad Cortex A76 runs up to 2.4GHz and the quad Cortex A55 runs up to 1.8GHz, making the ROCK 5A not only reliable, but fast! Not only that, but it also features an Arm Mali™ G610MC4 GPU supporting OpenGL®, OpenCL®, and Vulkan®.
Safe shutdowns, as standard
We know that you don’t want to risk corrupting storage, that’s why we’ve ensured the ROCK 5A features a built-in On/Off power button meaning you can perform safe shutdowns at the touch of a button eliminating the risk of corrupting storage. ROCK 5A offers this huge convenience as standard, allowing you to be flexible with your applications. Say goodbye to typing code into the command line to safely shut down your single board computer!
Unrivalled 8K display
ROCK 5A features an awesome Arm Mali G610MC4 graphics processing unit (GPU), making this board perfect for supporting advanced multimedia applications, such as signage, games, and the option to play 8K videos and output 8Kp60 through HDMI 2.1, it also offers a powerful 6TOPS NPU ideal for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning applications.
More OS, more options
ROCK 5A is a super practical little board, compatible with a range of operating systems, including Android 12, Debian/Ubuntu Linux, OpenFyde OS (Chromium OS fork), the full implementation of the Arm architecture v8 instructions set, and others.
No storage limitations
ROCK 5A benefits from extensive storage capacity, 8GB 64bits LPDDR4x RAM, and a high-speed eMMC socket for eMMC modules which can be used for OS and data storage.
Keep cool, and ROCK on!
The ROCK 5A has a 2pin 1.25mm header perfect for connecting a 5V fan. The fan can be PWM controlled without speed feedback. No matter how demanding your application is you can be sure the ROCK 5A will deliver excellent performance. It’s a board you can rely on, and we think that’s pretty cool!
ameriDroid has entered a partnership with OKdo to offer the Radxa products, at the same time OKdo and Radxa ensured long-term stock availability of the ROCK 5A. The ROCK 5A single board computer is a perfect Raspberry Pi alternative for developing incredible design applications that ROCK! Ready to take your design and manufacturing capabilities to the next level? Get in touch with our expert team and we’ll work together to make amazing happen.
- 1x USB Type C™ port for power supporting USB PD 2.0 and QC 2.0
- 1x Micro SD Card
- 2x micro HDMI output ports, one supporting displays up to 8Kp60 resolution, one supporting up to 4Kp60
- 2x USB2 Type A HOST ports
- 1x USB3 Type A HOST port
- 1x USB3 Type A OTG/HOST port
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port (supports PoE with add on PoE HAT)
- 1x M.2 E Key with PCIe 2.1 one lane, SATA, USB 2.0 support
- 1x eMMC module connector for eMMC 5.1 support
- 1x Camera port (1x four lane MIPI CSI or 2x two lane MIPI CSI)
- 1x LCD Display port (four lane MIPI DSI)
- 40 x user GPIO supporting a wide range of interface options: Up to 5 x UART (2x with flow control), Up to 3 x SPI bus, Up to 6 x I2C bus, Up to 1 x PCM/I2S, Up to 2 x SPDIF, Up to 7 x PWM, Up to 1 x CAN, Up to 1 x ADC, Up to 27 x GPIO, 2 x 5V DC power in/out, 2 x 3.3V power out
- Miscellaneous: 1x RTC battery connector, 1x PWM fan connector, 1x Power button, 1x Recovery pin, 1x Maskrom pin, 1 x Power LED, 1x User LED
|Processor||Arm® DynamIQ™ (Quad Cortex® ‑ A76 @ 2.2~2.4GHz, Quad Cortex® ‑ A55 @ 1.8GHz)|
|GPU||Arm Mali™ G610MC4 GPU supporting OpenGL® ES1.1, ES2.0, and ES3.2, OpenCL® 1.1, 1.2 and 2.2, Vulkan® 1.1 and 1.2, Embedded high performance 2D image acceleration module|
|Memory||8GB 64bits LPDDR4x RAM|
|Power Requirements||The ROCK 5A supports various power supply technologies including smart power adapter as well as fixed voltage:
USB Type‑C™ PD Version 2.0 with 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A and 20V/2A.
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 QC 3.0/2.0 adapter, 9V/2A, 12V/2A
Power adapter with fixed voltage in 5.2V to 20V range on the USB Type‑C port
5V Power applied to the GPIO PIN 2 & 4
The recommended power source should be able to produce, at least, 24W without a M.2 SSD or 30W with a M.2 SSD.
|HDMI||Dual micro HDMI output ports(Type D), both support CEC and HDMI 2.1 with resolutions of 8Kp60 and 4Kp60|
|USB||2x USB2 Type A HOST ports
1x USB3 Type A HOST port
1x USB3 Type A OTG/HOST port
|MIPI||1x 4 lane MIPI CSI or 2x 2 lane MIPI CSI
1 x 4 lane MIPI DSI
|Storage||Micro SD / eMMC|
|UARTS||5x UART (2x with flow control)|
|On/Off Power Button||YES|
|Software||Full implementation of the Arm architecture v8 instructions set
Debian/Ubuntu Linux support
Android 12 support
RKNPU2 NPU software stack
Hardware access/control library for Linux/Android
|Temperature||Operation temperature: 0~50 ℃
Storage temperature: -20~80 ℃