For any items marked with the "Preorder now" badge: Preorder Policy - Click here to read
- See LATEST NEWS section below for the latest news!
- Heatsink design subject to change for production batch - Removing inset fan which will increase thermal mass while allowing for a larger, quieter and more efficient optional top-mounted fan
- Color-coded GPIO header for production batch
The Indiedroid Nova is the same form factor as Raspberry Pi 4B, but 3+ times faster and supports 16GB RAM, plus 8K video!
The uber-efficient RK3588S SoC uses less energy, generates less heat, and processes more data than less-advanced SoC units used in most other SBCs.
9Tripod tapped ameriDroid.com to become the worldwide distributor of it's new SBC based on the powerful and efficient Rockchip RK3588S SoC, under the Indiedroid brand.
Indiedroid's goal is to create an active and inclusionary community that rewards community members who add value to the ecosystem. These awards will be in the form of bounties, achievement awards, and in other forms, based on open voting of the community. A portion of every sale will go towards these awards.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3588S
- CPU – Octa-core processor with 4x Cortex-A76 cores @ up to 2.2-2.4 GHz, 4x Cortex-A55 cores @ up to 1.8 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G610 GPU with OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.2, and Vulkan 1.2 support
- VPU – 8Kp60 video decoder for H.265/AVS2/VP9/H.264/AV1 codecs, 8Kp30 video encoder H.265/H.264
- AI accelerator – 6 TOPS NPU
- System Memory – 1GB*, 2GB*, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB LPDDR4x, or 32GB* LPDDR5x (* Possible future variants)
- Storage – H.265/H.264, eMMC 5.1 flash module connector to add 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB module
- Video Output
- 1x micro HDMI 2.1 port
- DisplayPort via USB Type-C port (TBC)
- 4-lane MIPI DSI connector
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI connector (4-lane or 2x 2-lane)
- Audio – 3.5mm earphone jack
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- BL-M8821 dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 module
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports, 1x USB Type-C port
- Expansion – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible GPIO header
- Debugging – 4-pin debug connector (serial console)
- Power, Recovery, Reset, and Boot buttons
- Power LED, user LED
- RTC battery connector
- Power Supply – 5V/3A via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions – 85 x 56mm (Raspberry Pi 4 form factor)
Mar 9, 2023:
We heard today that our inventory units won't be shipping until the end of March, so we will likely receive them in mid-April.
There are a number of units that did pass testing from the first manufacturing run, and we are working on getting those units in earlier than mid-April, but we have no confirmation yet.
Mar 8, 2023:
Mid-March 2023 is looking less likely due to an issue caught by quality control at the factory. Due to this issue, the factory is going to have to re-make a number of the boards and test the changes before shipping them on to us.
Thanks to stvhay, pyavitz and others, we now have a working build of Ubuntu Minimal working on the Nova. Several desktop environments have been added to this image and tested. Optimizations and improvements are in the works.
Stvhay also has provided us a working Batocera image.
We are working on a product website for the Indiedroid Nova to be released soon.
Feb 10, 2023:
We expect the first batch to arrive from the factory in mid to late March 2023.
JELOS (JustEnoughLinuxOS) is working on the Nova - optimizations are being made: https://github.com/JustEnoughLinuxOS/distribution/releases (Select the download package starting with "JELOS-RK3588.aarch64-*")
eMMCs pre-flashed for another board should work if re-flashed with an Indiedroid Nova compatible image.
- Units purchased with an included eMMC will come preloaded with a compatible operating system image so it will work out of the box.
- JELOS Linux image download - https://github.com/JustEnoughLinuxOS/distribution/releases
- CNX Software article on RK3588S - https://www.cnx-software.com/2022/01/12/rockchip-rk3588s-cost-optimized-cortex-a76-a55-processor/
- Geekbench comparison to Raspberry Pi 4B - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/compare/16406733?baseline=16426661
Batocera - Mario Kart 64