ROCK 5 Model B
For any items marked with the "Preorder now" badge: Preorder Policy - Click here to read
Original Information (subject to change):
The ROCK 5 Model B is the latest Radxa SBC with a Pico ITX form factor (2.5 inch, 100 x 72mm). Powered by the all-new powerhouse RK3588 SoC, the ROCK5 Model B offers awesome power-efficient performance in 4GB, 8GB or 16GB RAM configurations.
- RK3588, ARM powered, Quad A76 + Quad A55, Mali G610MP4, 6T NPU, 8K 10 bit encoder, 8K decoder.
- 4GB/8GB/16GB LPDDR4x RAM Options.
- Supports WiFi 6E and BTE 5.2
- Supports PCle 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD
- Triple Display Support (with HDR), two HDMI 2.1 up to 8K@60FPS, one USB-C with DP up to 8K@30FPS
- HDMI in support up to 4K@60FPS
- 2.5G Ethernet with PoE Support (requires optional PoE HAT)
- Linux Kernel 5.10 Compatible
- Debian Buster Compatible
- 40P GPIO
- 2x USB 3.1
Nov 18, 2022:
The majority of the 16GB preorders have now been sent out. If you placed your order before Sep 27 and haven't received a tracking number yet, please let us know. We are expecting our next shipment to arrive next week (probably around Nov 23 give or take a couple of days). This shipment should contain enough items to fulfill all preorders for ROCK 5B units (4GB, 8GB and 16GB) plus all the accessories.
Oct 28, 2022:
The factory states they have started shipping the orders directly to our customers in order to minimize delay, and they expect to have all our orders shipped before the end of October. We are waiting to find out if the factory is sending the emails with the tracking information or if they will send the tracking information to us so we can contact our customers. As of now, they have not sent us tracking information.
Additional tests on Debian 11 from CNX-Software on July 20, 2022:
Unboxing and early tests from CNX-Software as of July 5, 2022:
News from Radxa as of Jul 1, 2022:
jack (Radxa Team): I think in August we can ship the first batch of order. (Editor: We believe Jack is saying that the first batch of ROCK5 units will start shipping sometime in August to fulfill preorders in the order they were received - there are no details yet about how long it will take to fill all preorders.)
News from Radxa as of Jun 23, 2022:
Dear Radxa community and developers
After 4 months development and 4 major revisions of the hardware, I am happy to announce another milestone for ROCK 5B, we can finally ship the developer edition ROCK 5B. (Editor: These will be shipped to registered ROCK5 software developers for testing purposes. We expect a minimum of one month for developers to receive these units and provide feedback, and another month for necessary revisions to the board and further testing. September-October seems to be the best-case scenario for these to start shipping to general customers, but we have no official estimate from Radxa at this time.)
The ROCK 5B now is hardware version v1.3 with some notable changes since the announcement:
- HDMI IN connector is now moved to the front panel, making it easier for enclosure design
- MIPI DSI and CSI moved to the side edge of the PCB
- Heatsink mounting holes changed to north bridge commonly used dimension
- One USB C port for power, 4K display and USB (we spent a lot of time troubleshooting this with different monitors, portable displays and power adapters; it works most USB C sources we have but we need more cases reported from the developers)
- HDMI 8K + HDMI 4K, those who have 8K TV can give this a try; the resolution is amazing. Note that only one port can be 8K; the other port will be 4K.
- 2.5G Ethernet with RX/TX at ~2.32Gbps
- M.2 M key PCIe 3.0 x4 with read speed > 2700MB/s, super fast, if you need 4K encoding, you definitely need fast IO
- M.2 E key with WiFi 6/BT5.2 supports, the WiFi card we recommend is RTL8852BE, which has a balance of performance and cost
eMMC's pre-flashed for another board should work if it is re-flashed with a ROCK5 compatible image.
- Radxa ROCK5 Redeem (R3) Code Information
- What was it?
- The R3 code was a small deposit ($5) for future delivery with a BIG discount ($50)!
- How do I submit my $5 deposit?
- The offer to buy the R3 code expired in July 2022
- When can I redeem the code?
- You should have received your coupon code within 48 hours of ordering, and it is immediately active for a $50 discount on the purchase of any ROCK5
- The coupon code is valid until March 31, 2023
- We cannot refund the coupon code after July 1, 2022
- Could I change my mind after buying the code?
- The R3 code could be refunded at any time before July 1, 2022
- How many R3 codes could I buy?
- There was no limit
- How many ROCK5 units can I buy with my R3 code?
- One R3 code is good for the purchase of one ROCK5
- CNX Software article on RK3588 - https://www.cnx-software.com/2021/12/16/rockchip-rk3588-datasheet-sbc-coming-soon/