How-To: Set Up Internet-Accessible Server on Network with Reverse Proxy, Domain Name, and Security
From Flemming's Blog:
The goal for me was to access multiple services behind my firewall from the Internet with HTTPS.
The goal is to access my services with domains like https://home-assistant.mydomain.com/ and https://mstream.mydomain.com/ unlike before: http//public_ip:1234.
And it should be done with a valid signed SSL certificate.
- DuckDNS: Provides a domain name for his Dynamic IP Internet connection (most Internet connections are Dynamic IP)
- NameSilo: To register a top level domain
- pfSense: A highly-configurable software network router and firewall that runs on x86/x64 systems, including energy-efficient options like the ODROID-H2+ and others
- Acme: Provides encryption services and certificates for the network
- HAProxy: Provides reverse proxy services for added security
ameriDroid provides low-cost and power efficient systems capable of hosting this solution.