ODROID-N2+ Home Assistant Bundle
See "Availability Updates" below for latest availability information
If selecting a preorder item, read our Preorder terms and conditions before ordering.
The Home Assistant developers challenged themselves: What would the perfect home automation hub look like? Not just software, but also hardware?
The result is this Home Assistant bundle. Hardware that is affordable and fast, and powered by the most powerful home automation software on the planet: Home Assistant.
- Our inbound shipment of resupply parts was missing a box of cases used to build these - Presently, we are waiting for more cases to arrive to build and ship these.
- We expect the new cases to arrive during the week of Dec 5, 2021.
- Due to large volumes of orders, it may be a few days to get new orders shipped.
- As of mid-Nov 2021, we are sold out of the Blue Bundle.
- We are presently out of the Shelly Plug US so we cannot ship the Starter Kit until more of these arrive - estimated resupply date not yet known.
(Standard edition has black polycarbonate case)
Home Assistant Bundle
Easy to use
Powered by our Home Assistant Operating System, getting started is as easy as plugging in the network and power cables and opening up the Home Assistant mobile app to get started.
Home Assistant Bundle comes with eMMC storage. That’s the same type of storage your phone uses. A sudden loss of power won’t fry it.
All software that runs on Home Assistant Bundle is open source. Including all the hardware drivers. We’ve worked with BayLibre to fix bugs and get it merged upstream in the Linux kernel!
- ODROID-N2+ with 4GB RAM
- eMMC storage with Home Assistant pre-installed
- Standard Bundle: 64GB eMMC
- RTC backup battery
- Limited edition Home Assistant Blue case
- Power adapter (12V/2A)
Home Assistant Bundle is future proof
Home Assistant Bundle is powered by a powerful processor, a good amount of memory and comes with large and reliable storage.
It allows you to easily run Home Assistant, a couple of add-ons and then a couple more. It will be able to easily integrate thousands of devices and run thousands of automations.
I already run Home Assistant. Is this for me?
- If your Home Assistant installation has outgrown your Raspberry Pi or if you want a well supported and dedicated system, Home Assistant Bundle is for you.
- Or if you are still looking for a present for friends and family.
- Home Assistant Bundle comes flashed with the official Home Assistant installation for the ODROID-N2+.
What is the Blue Bundle?
- Only a limited number of Blue Bundle cases were produced. All other parts of the bundle will remain available for purchase with the standard polycarbonate case.
How does this compare to the Home Assistant Amber?
- The Home Assistant Standard Bundle has 2 extra CPU cores, twice the RAM, and 4 times the eMMC storage as the standard Amber version, but the Standard bundle has a lower cost.
- The Standard Bundle has 4x USB 3.0 ports and 1x USB OTG port, where the Amber has 2x USB 2.0 and 1x USB-C 2.0 ports.
- The Zigbee functionality is included on the Amber whereas if this functionality is desired on the Standard Bundle, it would have to be added via USB, which would bring the Standard Bundle's price slightly higher than the Amber.
- The Amber includes an integrated M.2 expansion slot.
Dimensions: 105mm x 98mm x 33mm approximately.
Weight: ~300g including heatsink and polycarbonate cases
Amlogic S922X Processor (12nm fab) Quad-core Cortex-A73 (up to 2.4Ghz) and Dual-core Cortex-A53 (up to 2Ghz)
ARMv8-A architecture with Neon and Crypto extensions
Mali-G52 GPU with 6 x Execution Engines (800Mhz)
DDR4 4GiB with 32-bit bus width. Data rate: 2640 MT/s (PC4-21333 grade)
1.2Volt low power design
|Storage||1 x eMMC connector (128GB module preinstalled ) 1 x microSD slot (DS/HS modes up to UHS-I SDR104)|
1 x GbE LAN ports (RJ45, supports 10/100/1000 Mbps) – Realtek RTL8211F (Ethernet transceiver)
Optional WiFi USB adapters
|Video||1 x HDMI 2.0 (up to 4K@60Hz with HDR, CEC, EDID)|
1 x Stereo Audio line-out (3.5mm jack) 1 x HDMI digital output
1 x Optional SPDIF optical output
4 x USB 3.0 Host ports (shares one single root hub)
1 x USB 2.0 OTG port for Host or Device mode. (No power input)
1 x Debug serial console (UART)
1 x Peripheral Expansion Header (40-pin, 2.54mm pitch)
On board RTC (Real Time Clock) IC keeps time up to several years with a preinstalled CR2032 battery.
8MiB SPI Flash for boot manager
IR receiver for remote controller
Built with a large passive heatsink
System LED Indicators:
Active Cooling Fan Connector (5V 2-pin)
|Power||1 x DC jack : outer (negative) diameter 5.5mm, inner (positive) diameter 2.1mm DC 7.5V ~ 18V (up to 25W)
- All variants presently available are assembled in the USA
- Home Assistant Startup Instructions - https://www.home-assistant.io/getting-started/onboarding/