ODROID-GO Advance (Black Edition) DIY Kit
Due to many factors including the immense popularity and production delays caused by COVID-19 outbreak, the manufacturer states new units are expected to be available near the end of May 2020 which means we will start shipping at the end of May or early June. The different OGA software distributions will continue to be developed during this time, so expect better software performance and features as time progresses.
Unfulfilled preorders for the original OGA will be fulfilled by the new revision OGA-BE (changes listed below) at no additional cost. We will be fulfilling preorders in the order they were received.
The new revision produced starting in May 2020 will have these new features:
- The working name for the new revision is presently "ODROID-Go Advance Black Edition" or "OGA-BE" for short.
- The power input port has changed to a USB Type-C connector.
- A USB Type-C cable is planned to be included by default.
- An 802.11n SDIO WiFi module will be included on the PCB.
- L2 and R2 shoulder buttons added.
- Shell case is available in 2 colors: Aura Black and Clear White.
- PCB is now black (earlier revision PCB was white).
Original product information (see above for new changes):
- Game Boy
- Game Boy Color
- Game Gear
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Sega Master System
- ...and more
- Processor: CPU : RockChip RK3326 (Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A35 1.3GHz) GPU : Mali-G31 Dvalin
- Memory: 1GB (DDR3L 786Mhz, 32 Bits bus width)
- Storage: SPI Flash(16Mbytes Boot), Micro SD Card slot(UHS-1 Capable interface)
- Display: 3.5inch 320×480 TFT LCD (ILI9488, MIPI interface)
- Audio: Earphone Jack, 0.5Watt 8Ω Mono
- Battery: Li-Polymer 3.7V/3000mAh, Up to 10 hours of continuous game playing time
2.5mm diameter DC plugUSB Type-C charging/data plug.
- External I/O: USB 2.0 Host x 1, 10Pin port(I2C, GPIO, IRQ at 3.3Volt)
- WiFi: On-Board 802.11n SDIO
- Input Buttons: F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, A, B, X, Y, Direction Pad, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Left/Right Shoulder 2, Analog joystick
- Power consumption: Power consumption Game emulation: 250~500mA, Sleep mode: 5.3~5.8mA, Power off: 0.1mA
A USB Type-A Power Cable
B Top enclosure
C Bottom enclosure
D Plastic L/R trigger, X, Y, power Buttons
E Plastic D-pad, A, B Buttons
F ODROID-GO-Advance board
G 3000mAh battery
H LCD window
I I ~ VI button rubber
J D-PAD rubber
K A, B, X, Y button rubber
L battery sticker
M Analog joystick
N 320×480 TFT LCD
O 0.5W speaker
P 1.7×5 screws (7 pcs)
Q 1.7×8 screws (4 pcs)
- 8GB or larger microSD card is required to store the emulator and game ROMs.
- If you have any problem with your ODROID-GO-Advance, switch off ODROID-GO-Advance by holding the on/off button for about 6 seconds.
- This is a DIY kit. You will need to assemble it yourself. Be careful handling the components, as some of them are fragile!
- Assembly Guide - https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go_advance/go_adv_assembling
Product Announcement by ETA Prime:
Gameplay video from Hardkernel: