News: Pine64 December 2019 Community Update
From Lukasz Erecinski at pine64.org:
[Slight edits made for clarity. -Editor]
Welcome to the last community update of the year. I think that 2019 will be remembered as the year PINE64 transitioned from being a relatively niche FOSS hardware project to a mainstream one. This transition is an exciting prospect for all of us involved with PINE64, and we cannot wait to see how the project develops over the next 12 months.
Let me take this opportunity to thank those of you whom have been with us thus far: the partner-project developers, community contributors, mods and admins, shipping and assembly teams, and – above all else – the end-users who make this project possible. Thank you for actively shaping PINE64 and making it one of the most vibrant and welcoming communities in the FOSS space. The amount of progress we’ve made in just one year is incredible and the success is truly collectively ours. Thank you!
Here’s the TL;DR:
- Next Community Update January 12th ; Give us some feedback
- The PineTime [development kit for developers] is now in the PINE Store ; Great development
- PineTab early adopter pre-orders likely in January ; New keyboard ; LTE / SSD adapter
- Brave Heart PinePhones worked on ; shipping early January ; PinePhone cases ; First phone call ; PinePhone keyboard
- Continual good reception ; Keyboard / Touchpad firmware update available ; A lot of OSs coming ; regional keyboards ; OG Pinebook upgrade kit likely in January 2020.
- New announcements at FOSDEM 2020 ; teaser of what’s to come next year
- Happy New Year!
Don't forget to subscribe to get the latest notifications for: