The VIM3 SBC is the latest addition to the popular Khadas VIM series. It has a powerful Amlogic A311D SoC, x4 Cortex A73 performance-cores (2.2Ghz), and x2 Cortex A53 efficiency-cores (1.8Ghz) are merged into a hexa-core configuration, and fabricated with a 12nm process to maximize performance, thermal and electrical efficiency.
VIM3 is designed with the same form-factor as the popular VIM2 and VIM1. It is the size of a credit-card, and fits perfectly inside our DIY Case. Although diminutive, VIM3 is competitively-priced and fully-featured; everything you need is already built-in.
The new VIM3 SBC goes beyond what the original VIM models have to offer. It has an onboard 5.0 TOPS NPU for neural network applications, an M.2 slot for NVMe SSDs that can switch between PCIe and USB 2.0 via Khadas KBI commands, and a USB-C port with 5-20 volt USB power-delivery input. MIPI-DSI and TP connectors also allow you to add multi-touch screens.
Choose between the Basic (2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC) and the Pro (4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC).
- Amlogic A311D - 4x 2.2 GHz Cortex A73, x2 1.8 GHz Cortex A53
- Built-in eMMC
- 12nm SoC fabrication process for low heat
- 2T2R AC Wi-Fi with RSDB features
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB 3.0
- Gigabit Ethernet with WOL support
- USB-C PD for heavy applications
- NVMe SSD M.2 connector (the DIY case will not fit an SSD mounted in the M.2 connector)
- NPU: Supports a maximum frequency of 800 MHz at 5.0 TOPS
- INT8 inference up to 1536 MAC
- Internal L2 cache (512 KB) and system workspace buffer (1 MB)
- Supports all major deep learning frameworks including TensorFlow and Caffe
- Stackable design
- Programmable MCU
- 3 Programmable LEDs (Red, White, and Blue)
- XPWR for external power button
- Onboard SPI Flash
- Khadas TST and KBI
- Dual independent displays with Gsensor
- H.264 / H.265 Encoding
- Supports multi-video decoding up to 4Kx2K@60GPS + 1x1080P@60FPS
- 80ch I2S for microphone array application (over M.2 connector)
- MIPI-DSI and MIPI-CSI
- Designed with GPIO extender chip
Includes two Wi-Fi antennae. Other accessories sold separately.
- Datasheet: https://dl.khadas.com/Hardware/VIM3/Specs/Khadas_VIM3_Specs.pdf
- Manual: https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/index.html
Warranty is valid for 12 months, starting upon date of receipt.
Getting started with the VIM3:
How to assemble the optional DIY case: